dearest loveliest letter
dearest loveliest,
most darling salula,
the other day, my red suede bag
had done me the biggest favour
thrilled was I to see
it had grown a colourful colony
of hairy mould for me.
well,
I had to wait for the sun
and it has since been three days.
if I should starve, rest assured,
I have shrooms in the making!
life is getting slower for me,
I keep silent most days
for fear that others have a life
that flows faster, wilder, and free.
and sure, I could do the same.
But as we know,
lucky am I that the ground below
loves me so terribly so
that I've kissed and hugged it
the second time since March,
and yes,
yet again,
the same left knee
injured, hampered, and damned.
yet more damned are the boots,
muddied were they after the fall,
and my, the rains so lovely,
showered them so affectionately
after every attempt to dry my boots out.
so, anyway,
I have given up on the sun.
and any prospect of a healed knee
and let us not start on the ruined leather.
to soothe, as we do,
I made myself a summer lemon cake
and ate it so heartily,
that when my mother saw, she asked,
"was this not made for three?"
well,
I may as well be three people in one.
when we meet, make sure you greet
all of them,
one by one.
and if the spirit of the tiger
still be with you,
(ancestry and all that)
help me curse out the unluckiest,
as for the other, help to make it stay
for it might make for some good company ---
unfortunately,
one that might never beat yours.
hope and pray is all I can do
that the rains that grace you
do not drown you.
how odd is it that our years have gone by?
here I am, without you, writing you,
a thousand kilometers away,
and neither of us knows how to drive.
and such is life,
so they all say.
but I have since gained
20 pounds (apparently)
so regardless of this truth,
I will not be carried away so easily.
you must send aja my love,
and the warmth of hers reaches before her word.
then, hurry along to create a life,
I am in want to hold a child --- one that isn't mine
soon.
Comments
Post a Comment