prayers and dreams, my long lost soulmate
my mother places her hands on my head
prays
prays
this holy confrontation
dedicates three lines to my ambiguous future
and another three to my current disposition
point of contention
i don't believe God cares to correct attitude or posture
well
grateful am I still.
although this gratitude broke
in the next five very long lines
about finding the perfect person
to do this very awful life with.
and then, my younger sister dreamt me a bride
and a groom who was the least bit dashing.
I ask her, "Well, is he rich?"
She is quick to spurn.
Speaks at length about how
he is made of humility and little riches
and I sober up.
"Why couldn't you dream up a better man for me?
for at least in dreams, they should come easy."
Frustration bubbling under both our skins
"Oh, but you don't understand!
He may have very little,
but to him,
understanding you comes easy."
Comments
Post a Comment