rhyming schemes in September

September makes a grand exit
showers upon showers
my now fairly drenched capris.
I grow resentful 
as the weather worsens my aching knees
but the garden's harvest was so bountiful
it placated my anger with ease.

short-lived joys,
core theme of my rushed September.
the evening would bring to my attention
missing crystal on my gold ring
and a few marks on my ring finger.

losses after losses,
what a very remarkable September.
I had you, then I didn't,
and then I had a few others.
Then I lost about 100 times
trying to propitiate my very darling mother
and father, no different,
I suppose it is time to leave home for another.

What a dream summer had sold me!
scammed I was, proper.
For in this excruciating autumn,
I find no thing in life can cause a stir.
Everything dies eventually,
these cliché falling leaves.
and with them, my childish hope,
for fruitful busyness like the buzzing bees. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fathers, mothers, men & women

you who came from the sun (a mirage)

keep tender, your heart.