hello silent reader


tell me,
how to be easier to love
and how to have softer
expressions ---
countenance and words.
how to smile and make it pretty
how to be easier on myself 
and what it means to do otherwise
have no clue
why everyone tells me to be selfish
when all that I have are defenses 
against the very love I desire.

teach me,
how to be a better daughter
and what it means to be happy
to walk into church
a fairly renewed person
in spirit and in mind
and to talk to God like I believe
that the words spoken
are doing more than echoing 
against my wooden ceiling.

allow me,
to step on your foot
a few hundred times
before I find my rhythm
no bone in me can carry a tune.
but if all you can offer is
silent audience, reserved judgement and love,
then, that might be the only thing
my busy mind cannot outwit.

and, well,
apologies for the emotional avalanche
it is no job of yours
to unravel these knotted concerns
all in chaotic disarray.
I suppose we can start and end with
easier, cheery greetings: 
how do you do? 
and, well, 
good day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fathers, mothers, men & women

you who came from the sun (a mirage)

keep tender, your heart.